Saturday, June 21, 2008

Random thoughts from a random guy

I keep a diary of random, and often remarkably stupid, thoughts and ideas that amble about my synapses. I titled it the "Annals of Random Thoughts, by Dennis" a hefty tome worthy of its namesake. Allow me to regale you with some excerpts.

On exercise.
No doubt, I need to exercise more frequently. Unfortunately, I have a prosthetic hip which makes running even more burdensome. From time to time I get what is commonly known as "restless leg syndrome" (RLS) which is a compelling and equally irritating urge to move my legs in bed. Being the eternal optimist, I decided to start wearing sweat pants to bed, because RLS is the closest thing I get to exercise... I may as well dress the part.

Makes my blood boil...
I have many blessings in my life, unfortunately, hypertension is not one of them. A recent visit to the doctor revealed that I have seriously high blood pressure. So, my doctor prescribed a diuretic to help lower my blood pressure. I found it amusingly ironic that the instructions on my pill bottle say "take one tablet with a full glass of water." On my next visit to my physician, I explained the apparent folly to my doctor which was met with a blank look, five second pause, and then a guffaw that brought tears to his eyes. Really, it wasn't that funny... just a casual observation. I told him he should try it some time.

2 comments:

Layne AE1N said...

Since I suffer from RLS (or Periodic Limb MovementS) my question is: Did the sweatpants work?

Dennis said...

Sweatpants is a moral victory, but don't expect much more :)